Grass Roots Rescue (GRR) is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) nonprofit group that saves dogs, cats, and other animals that are at risk in shelters and within the community.
GRR was founded in August 2013 with two primary objectives:
1) Pull dogs and cats that are at risk in animal shelters and get them adopted
2) Spay/neuter and provide life-saving veterinary care for:
- Dogs and cats at animal shelters & other rescues
- Pets of persons with limited income
- Stray and feral cats living outdoors
GRR depends on foster parents for all of the dogs and cats in our care. In order to keep dogs and cats in their homes and out of shelters, we also help people with lower income with veterinary care and spay/neuter services for their pets.
Grass Roots Rescue is operated completely by volunteers. There are no employees and no compensation for the directors on the board. Private veterinarians and/or animal hospitals provide medical care and spay/neuter for dogs and cats. Of course, we search for discounts and special clinics whenever possible.
GRR volunteers foster, transport animals to the vet, and handle all fundraising and administrative activities. We are committed to minimizing our costs so we can save as many lives as possible. We would love to have your help!